Gerald D. Feldman - Travel Grants
Once a year the Max Weber Foundation offers Gerald D. Feldman travel grants to young academics with support of the Peters-Beer-Foundation in the Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft. The travel support aims to improve the professional opportunities for outstanding, internationally orientated humanities academics.
The academics carry out a research project of their choice in at least two and at most three host countries of institutes of the Max Weber Foundation. It also offers grants to academics researching at the Richard Koebner Minerva Center for German History in Jerusalem. Travel support is granted for a maximum of three months. The periods of residence are especially intended to enable research in libraries or archives in the respective host country. This is expected to produce studies which are transnational, giving new and original impulses to research. The period of residence should be completed within 12 months, and cannot exceed 24 months. The travel support is granted for one month only (28 days) for each host country.
The payments reflect the rates of the German Research Foundation :
- Lump sum to cover costs for one-time travel to and from institutes;
- Daily allowance according to host country between EUR 27.00 and EUR 61.00;
- Cost-saving possibility to be given lodging at an institute's guest room where available.
Application is open to highly qualified academics (at least M.A., state examination, degree) of any nationality. You should have already completed some work towards the project. Applications fitting the research profile of the institutes of the Max Weber Foundation will be given preference
Complete applications include the following:
- Completed application form;
- Detailed presentation (max. 3-5 pages) of the planned research project considering the location of source material, making the period of residence in the respective host country and/or institutes necessary;
- Copies of certificates (exam, PhD);
- List of publications;
- A reference assessment indicating the status of the applicant and his/her work, sent directly to the Central Office of the Max Weber Foundation.
- if necessary, a letter confirming supervision of the host institution in Germany.
Deadline for application is in October 2016.
We will gladly answer further questions on our sponsorship programme:
Dr Tina Rudersdorf
Tel.: +49 (0) 228-37786-28